Hi All Sharks
A review of our registration system indicates that registrations have stopped this week, which makes me start to wonder why? To assist us in getting everything ready for Season 2015 can I please ask:
- If you have chosen to remain with the AusKick Program due to the changed rules and policy, please register at AusKick ASAP, this helps us both ends!
- If you are definitely playing, but haven’t registered for whatever reason, can you please let your Coach know so it can be fed back to Committee!
- If you are not returning this year, can you please let me know, I don’t hold a grudge and would appreciate any feedback – good or bad!
- If you are sitting waiting to see what numbers your age group will have, please don’t – it helps no one! If, for example, an age group does not get the numbers required for two teams and it looks like we will need to rotate player off, I guarantee to return your money and provide a clearance ASAP!
- If you know someone who is looking for a game of football can you please pass on the attached flyer, your are our best promoters!
Consent, Code of Conduct and Medical Form
Every player registering with the Sharks for Season 2015 – new or returning – is required to complete this form prior to season commencement. It is repetitive in its nature for a reason, the Team Managers retain the Medical section and the Committee the Consent and Code of Conduct.
All parents and players are encourage to familiarise themselves with the content, and then complete and sign this form to your Team Manager prior to Round 1. Click here to download the forms.
Practice Matches – Kinglake and Local!
Our Football Department have been hard it over the break and our annual practices matches dates have been settled as follows:
- Sunday 22 March 2015 – Kinglake IntraClub Matches – all teams will be involved and starting times to be notified prior
- Sunday 29 March 2015 – Sharks Vs Canterbury / Boorandara – all teams involved & Venue / starting times to be notified prior
A full schedule containing time, locations, oppositions, shorts, etc will follow in due course. Watch this space!
The Club has moved to a new line of merchandise in Season 2015, with new items including raincoats, spray jackets, t-shirts, flat caps and sling bags. Word on the street is “these are way cool”. For those of you wanting shorts, the YJFL has recently approved our supplier providing these, the order has been placed and I will let you know when stock arrives.
Merchandise will be available at our Kinglake Practice Match on Sunday 22 March 2015 and Season Launch on Sunday 29 March 2015. It will also be made available through the website shortly. All queries or requests for merchandise can be made through Nina Foxwell our Merchandise Manager.
AusKick – It’s on for 2015!
The Sharks committee are currently working with Council and other community contacts to identify a readymade solution and I hope to announce this location this week. At this stage we hope to secure the old Parkwood High School site, a location we believe best fits our community footprint. So to all our AusKickers, spread the news and until then watch the space for AusKick Registration Day, its coming!!!
Whilst some of our more Senior teams have or are looking to commence training in the coming weeks, I would not expect are more junior teams to start training until a couple of weeks prior to our first practice matches on 22 March 2015. Each teams Coach or Team Manager will be in contact with you in due course, so please contain that enthusiasm, things will kick off soon.
New Rules – Under 8, 9, 10
Season 2015 will see a shift in rules for these age groups. There are slight difference to each, with the most contentious being the ‘no tackling’ rule. The new rules are available on the Sharks webpage under the Members/Rules tab. I invite you all to have a read and wish to assure you that the club will provide you with appropriate information leading up to and throughout the season. So much so we have appointed Matt Fason to the role of Under Age Ambassador. Matt will take the lead on these issues and be available to answer all questions.
Apologies to those of you from last year who have finish your Sharks journey or left the club for other reasons. I am currently emailing these to 2014 and 2015 members, so if you would like to be removed from the list and provide me with some feedback, feel free to drop me a line.
I encourage you to visit our website as there is a wealth of information to guide you through.
Sean Woods – President of the Sharks
Park Orchards North Ringwood Parish Junior Football Club