Club COVIDSafe Protocols
November 27, 2021 · Kate Gniel · News
To all Sharks families
It is great to see that pre-season training has commenced for some teams, and we look forward to more teams getting on the ground early next year.
We hope that this is the beginning of a great season ahead.
In the meantime, I would like to remind you that as we are still living in a ‘COVID world’ we need everyone to be mindful of what our role as coaches, parents and players are.
Consistent with the club’s code of conduct, complying with the Public Health Directions is the responsibility of all parents, carers and players.
In line with Victorian Government requirements, if venues are used for community sport, patrons participating or facilitating community sport (e.g. players, coaches, volunteers) do not need to be vaccinated to access the facility.
We ask that all parents check in to training via the Service Victoria app, or ask your coach to make a note that your child was in attendance.
Should you or your child test positive with COVID-19 or identified as a close contact, please notify us and follow the guidelines outlined on the Victorian Department of Health website.
We understand that some players may not feel comfortable returning to training at this time and this is fine. We encourage you to contact your coach to let them know.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks a million,
President, Sharks JFC
T: 0415 169 015
Season 2022 Registrations are Open!
November 18, 2021 · Kate Gniel · News
2022 Junior Footy is going to be BIGGER and BETTER!!
REGISTRATIONS ARE OPEN!!
- Sharks JFC is passing on the refunds received from the league to all members reducing CLUB FEES by $30. As a result of this discount, there will be no further family discount for the season
- New PLAYHQ system makes it easier to register. With this transition to PlayHQ all players will need to enter or confirm their details including medical information prior to finalising registration
- COLTS – For season 2022 ALL boys turning 18 (in 2022) will be allowed to play one more season of junior footy, however in 2023 Colts age eligibility moves to 17.5yrs (i.e. if you turn 18 pre July 1st you will be ineligible to play)
- TRANSFERS – Know anyone wanting to join the Sharks from another club? Please ask them to email our registrars, Katie and Dustin. Please note that players won’t be able to initiate a transfer through PlayHQ until 1st Feb.
- MERCHANDISE – You can now purchase hoodies, shorts and socks during the registration process. (PLEASE NOTE: some sizes are out of stock)
SHARKS JFC committee is looking forward to welcoming all our members back in 2022. We intend on making up for lost time and to put the last 2 years behind us all and focus on the future of our club and our community.
Thank You for 2021
September 20, 2021 · Kate Gniel · News
Good Evening Families,
I hope you have all enjoyed the first day of the school holidays and in particular exploring your extra 5kms.
I was delighted to be part of the presentation day yesterday. It was the first time that the club has run a presentation in this way and we felt it went very well. There was a lot of hard work that went on behind the scenes so thank you to everyone who made it happen.
It was terrific to see so many Sharks players and their families online to enjoy the morning.
Congratulations once again to all the award recipients and to all Sharks players on a fantastic season. You are all winners in our eyes.
Unfortunately, we experienced some inappropriate behaviour online from some attendees. This is disappointing and not something we condone at our club. Therefore, we are currently investigating further and will take necessary action if required.
For those who may have missed the AGM yesterday, I would like to officially introduce myself. My name is Kate Gniel and I am excited to be taking on the role as Junior Club President for 2022 season.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ritchie Appleby for his passion and dedication as President over the past few years. He leaves big shoes to fill!
I have been running Auskick for the last three years and have been involved in the junior club committee as Vice President for the last year. I am excited to be part of such a dedicated committee. I also have two boys who play for the Sharks.
My passion is community and I look forward to being part of what is the heart of our community and helping it grow even more.
I look forward to getting to know you all and to seeing what amazing things our club can achieve in 2022 and beyond.
A huge thank you to everyone for making the best of the season 2021.
We look forward to a bigger and better season with no interruptions for 2022.
Until then, I would like to wish you and your families a very safe and happy summer.
Thanks a million
President, Sharks JFC
T: 0415 169 015