Greetings Parents and Players,
Thank you to everyone who jumped online last Sunday for our Virtual Presentation Day.
Massive Thank you to Damian Noonan who spent an exorbitant number of hours pulling together the presentation and videos plus the pictures and music.
Collection of Trophies and Medals
Tomorrow Sat 25th Sept committee members will be set up at Domeney and available at the following times for collections:
- 10-10.30am U8 U9 U10 U11 U8 and U9 TMs to collect team medals. All award winners to collect their trophies
- 10.30-11am U12 and U13 All award winners to collect their trophies
- 11-11.30am U14 and U15 All award winners to collect their trophies
- 11.30am-12pm U16 and Colts/YG All award winners to collect their trophies. TMs for Colts/YG to collect departing gifts for graduating players and organise distribution
Milestone medals will be delivered to either the recipient or team TMs by committee
Please stick to your age group time to avoid over crowding
The committee will now go into planning mode for 2022.
A number of positions on committee are being vacated and replacements are needed. Emails for these roles will be sent in the coming weeks
Good Evening Families,
I hope you have all enjoyed the first day of the school holidays and in particular exploring your extra 5kms.
I was delighted to be part of the presentation day yesterday. It was the first time that the club has run a presentation in this way and we felt it went very well. There was a lot of hard work that went on behind the scenes so thank you to everyone who made it happen.
It was terrific to see so many Sharks players and their families online to enjoy the morning.
Congratulations once again to all the award recipients and to all Sharks players on a fantastic season. You are all winners in our eyes.
Unfortunately, we experienced some inappropriate behaviour online from some attendees. This is disappointing and not something we condone at our club. Therefore, we are currently investigating further and will take necessary action if required.
For those who may have missed the AGM yesterday, I would like to officially introduce myself. My name is Kate Gniel and I am excited to be taking on the role as Junior Club President for 2022 season.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ritchie Appleby for his passion and dedication as President over the past few years. He leaves big shoes to fill!
I have been running Auskick for the last three years and have been involved in the junior club committee as Vice President for the last year. I am excited to be part of such a dedicated committee. I also have two boys who play for the Sharks.
My passion is community and I look forward to being part of what is the heart of our community and helping it grow even more.
I look forward to getting to know you all and to seeing what amazing things our club can achieve in 2022 and beyond.
A huge thank you to everyone for making the best of the season 2021.
We look forward to a bigger and better season with no interruptions for 2022.
Until then, I would like to wish you and your families a very safe and happy summer.
Thanks a million
T: 0415 169015
CONGRATULATIONS!! to all our contenders for their awesome efforts to be voted in the top 10 for their divisions.
Across the club we achieved:
- 2 B&F (Josh Tovey and Josh Galstians)
- 3 2nd placings (Felix Hattwich, Henry Milton and Josh Smillie)
- 4 3rd placings (Lily Cameron, Cooper Trembath, Sam Caltieri and Jessica Fortington)
Below are the final results:
- U11 girls Jessica Fortington 3rd
- U11 girls Chloe Bilucaglia 5th
- U11 boys Brown Sam Caltieri 3rd
- U12 boys gold Ben Nicholls 5th
- U12 boys gold Josh Prest 8th
- U13 boys brown Logan Hamilton 4th
- U13 boys Red Felix Hattwich 2nd
- U14 boys brown Henry Milton 2nd
- U14 boys brown Austin Foxwell 6th
- U14 Girls gold Mia Spencer-Jones 7th
- U15 boys Div 1 Josh Galstians 1st
- U15 boys Div 1 Josh Smillie 2nd
- U16 boys Div 2 Josh Tovey 1st
- U16 Boys div 2 Cooper Trembath 3rd
- U16 boys Div 2 Oscar Pollock 5th
- U16 girls Div 1 Lily Cameron 3rd
- U16 girls Div 1 Charlotte Newton 5th
- Youth girls Div 1 Mia McAuliffe 6th
- Colts Boys Div 3 Alex Macrokanis 7th
It was the news we all saw coming. Today, the YJFL released an official announcement cancelling the 2021 season.
To the YJFL Community,
The State Government announcement yesterday made it clear that no competitive matches will be possible for the weekends of the 5th and 12th of September, when we were due to play our finals series.
I therefore regret to advise that last night the YJFL Board resolved to bring to an end the 2021 season. The League always strived to have a return to play, and complete the 2021 season, but ultimately the health and safety of our playing and volunteer community is paramount.
We have decided that the teams that finished on top of the ladder will be considered the 2021 premiers, and that the 2021 League Best & Fairest awards will be made. We will provide more information on the awards in a week or so.
We would like to sincerely thank all of our member clubs and the committees who have worked tirelessly this year to not only get community football back up and running, but do it again after mid-season lockdowns and restarts. Thanks also goes out to both the players and team volunteers at our clubs, whose passion and enthusiasm for our great game is amazing. To see nearly 11,000 kids come back every week is a credit to the work YJFL volunteers do.
Thanks must also go out to our umpiring fraternity who have been equally committed as our players, and the umpiring coaches who spent many hours making appointments even when there was a low likelihood of playing.
We look forward to the 2022 season and thank you again for your support.
Once again the Sharks community has stood strong during the many lockdowns we’ve endured and as a committee we’re proud of our players, parents and volunteers.
To close out the season we will be holding a virtual Presentation Day Sunday 19th Sept.
More details to come but on this day we will announce each team B&F votes, award Life Membership, Club Person and hold the AGM