Uniting Vic Tas Food For Families is a great way to get together to make a tangible difference to the lives of individuals and families experiencing hardship and crisis throughout the year.
The junior and senior clubs are asking families who are able to donate non-perishable and household essential items to this worthy program throughout the month of July.
By supplying food and other essential items, you can ensure vulnerable people facing crisis can access the basics they need to get through a difficult time. All food donated goes directly to people in crisis.
Last year just over 32 tonnes of food was collected, but it wasn’t enough to meet the growing demand. Food relief is growing with an increase in presentation of between 30-40% in the past year.
Accepted items include:
- Pasta, rice and noodles
- Flour, polenta and couscous
- Tinned tomatoes, pasta sauces
- Beans, chickpeas and lentils
- Tinned tuna, salmon and ham
- Soups, curries and vegetables
- Baby food, nappies and formula
- Spreads – e.g. jam, Vegemite
- Long life milk and cheese
- Tea, coffee, Milo and sugar
- Stir fry sauces and soy sauce
- Coconut milk and coconut cream
- Breakfast cereal and muesli bars
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Shampoo, conditioner and soap
Families are encouraged to give their donations to their TMs at training or drop them into a collection box located in the Domeney club rooms from Monday 18th July until Sunday 31st July.
Thank you for your support.
For more information visit www.foodforfamilies.org.au