- To provide an opportunity for young and maturing children to have fun and establish new friendships with their teammates.
- To provide a competitive environment for young and maturing children to develop their skills in Australian Rules Football.
- To provide opportunities for young and maturing children to develop both as sports people and as individuals.
- To encourage family involvement across all levels, from supporting through to coaching.
- To ensure that all volunteers are appropriately trained and accredited.
The Sharks are committed to the development and improvement of our: players, volunteers and extended family offering a number of development opportunities. We run education evenings on topical issues affect the community such as drugs, alcohol, social media. We also provide opportunities for our adult helpers to gain skills in such areas as first aid. We run a preseason Development Squad coordinated by the Richmond Football Club’s Tim Livingstone. Tim is a parent at the Sharks who donates his time to develop our players, providing them with an incite into the life of the modern day AFL player. The Sharks are also well represented and supported by other parents who are stars of the AFL. These include Glenn Archer, Alan Richardson and Brett Ratten. Tim Glenn, Alan and Brett are well respected in the AFL community, and are able to assist us with advice in respect to coaching and general game play.
The Shark Tank
The Sharks play in the Yarra Junior Football League against teams from Warrandyte to Bundoora, and Richmond to Camberwell. Games are played on Sunday from 8:45 am to 4:00 pm. Our home ground is Domeney Reserve in Park Orchards, or the “Shark Tank”, as it has been affectionately termed. We also access Stintons Reserve in Park Orchards and Colman Reserve in South Warrandyte to accommodate our ongoing growth. The Sharks, together with the Manningham City Council, maintain and develop these facilities, and we are the driving force behind ongoing improvements such as the installation of flood lights, scoreboards, drain- age, ground surfacing and facility development.
We have provided an information brochure for new families and players. It is made available as a free PDF download. PDF files require Adobe Reader, a free downloadInformation Brochure
The Sharks 2016 Annual Report is now available2016 Annual Report